Core Grant 2010
The Soref Core Grant is an effort to aid Hillel Student Organizations (HSOs) in providing strong, diverse, and quality meaningful Jewish experiences to all Jewish students at each campus. The purpose of this grant is to supplement an HSO’s already existing budget from the University or student government. It is NOT intended to be the sole funding source for an HSO.
The grant will be allocated to Soref campues based on quality of the initiative/s that is being proposed. The size of the grant will be determined based on how many students are being reached and the uniqueness of the proposal.
To request a grant:
1. Write up and explain the proposed initiative
2. Explain how you plan to implement it the initiative
3. Detail your follow-up plan
4. Describe how this will help your Hillel grow, and how what you are proposing is meaningful.
5. Attach a budget to the proposal and submit to email@example.com
- Must be an affiliated Soref campus through the Schusterman International Center
- Must already have a budget from the University or Student Government
- Application must be complete and submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Soref Department will evaluate proposals on the basis of the following criteria:
- The variety of programs offered on campus including: cultural, religious, educational and Tzedek (social justice) based events
- How these programs are going to help to engage more Jewish students on campus in Hillel programming and provide them with meaningful Jewish experiences
- Outreach and publicity plans for all events
- Financial need by HSO in order to implement plans
- Follow-up and evaluation plans for participants after events
- Collaboration and co-sponsorship opportunities with other on campus and University based groups or departments.
** There is a maximum grant receipt of $500 per semester per campus